We are proud of the excellent links Alleyn Court has with our wider community and constantly explore new avenues to further develop our provision:
- We host many sporting events as we know the indoor and outdoor facilities that we enjoy at Alleyn Court is a privilege that should be shared where possible. Our site is unique in the area and Alleyn Court is keen to engage as many children in sport as is possible. We strongly support the Southend Schools Sports Partnership and have actively encouraged many local state schools to attend our tournaments in Girls Cricket, Archery, Table Tennis and netball.
- We also have strong links to schools within the East Anglia region through our membership of the Independent Schools' Association (ISA) and the Independent Association of Prep Schools (IAPS). These events see us travel with teams throughout the area, learning important social as well as sporting lessons, and often take us through to national finals.
- We have established strong and supportive links with sporting clubs in the area, including Thorpe Bay Lawn Tennis Club, Southend Hockey Club and Thorpe Bay Golf Club, amongst others, which has seen benefits for our children and families, as well as swelled the ranks within these local establishments, in return.
- We engage in termly fundraising events for a host of local charities, providing a vital and worthwhile experience for our children and helping to ensure such institutions continue to flourish. These are as diverse as supporting local Food Banks to providing a local primary school with reading books, for children to take home and keep.
- We are proud of our links with local religious communities, including St Augustine’s Church, in which we hold our annual Carol Service at the end of term. This is always moving and acts as the final event of term.
- Our Music Department has worked to create a strong association with several secondary schools in the area, including Southend High School for Girls. This has allowed for some very interesting and productive collaborative experiences for children across several phases of education.
- We often use the facilities of local theatres and have put on our Prep School Musical at the Palace Theatre, Southend and the Towngate Theatre, Basildon. Such strong associations with the local theatrical community see many of our children performing outside the school, during holidays.
If you represent a local group and would like to make an expression of interest in developing a link with the school, please do contact the school office. We would be delighted to see what may be accomplished in the future.